April 3, 2025
Crochet

This summer, the Boston Red Sox acquired their ace in pitcher Garrett Crochet via a trade with the Chicago White Sox. The team has now locked down the 25-year-old by offering him a large contract deal and issuing a five-word statement about his future with the squad.

On April 1, the team announced that they had negotiated a six-year contract extension with Crochet. Mark Feinsand of MLB.com reported that the deal is for $170 million. Craig Breslow, the Red Sox’s chief baseball officer, said he wasn’t sure if the deal would work, but he reached an agreement with the pitcher and finalized it this week.

“I was thinking that there was a decent probability that we were going to need to pick up these conversations next offseason,” Breslow told the crowd. “Fortunately, I believe we both saw that there may be common ground here, and it wouldn’t take much, given all of the preparation that had been done. So in the end, we were able to complete this in a rather short period of time.” The Red Sox turned to social media to celebrate the news, sending a brief statement on Breslow’s status.

 

MLB news: Red Sox reportedly sign Garrett Crochet to large contract  extension | Fox News

 

 

“Crochet is here to stay,” the team wrote on X.

 

Crochet’s new contract goes until 2031, with an opt-out following the 2030 season. His contract has escalators of up to $2 million per year beginning in 2027, depending on his Cy Young vote finish.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *